Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Love my husband! :D

Yesterday, I got a bit of a shock. I was sent an email that told me my contract had expired and they were just looking to see when I had to stop working. They wouldn't be renewing the contract, not because I was unworthy of course, but because they just don't do that. All three of the people on my team are being let go, all at once.

Now the company that I am working for (until they say stop) is a very big name company that would look great on my resume. However, I'm not allowed to say I worked for them due to a Non-Disclosure agreement. I'm going to check in with my managers and such and see if I can add the company name in now. I know that putting that name there on the resume will get attention fast.

Anyway, I fought off the tears all day yesterday. I did not want to fall apart with my children right there in the room with me. That's the one bad thing about working in a home office. If something happens, your kids see the wide range of emotions that you go through. So, you have to keep it together.

My biggest thing was, "how do I tell my husband?" He depends on this income as much as we depend on his job. There was a time when my working was more of a hobby than anything else. And in reality, we only need about $400 bucks each month to go into the family coffers. But this month is expenditure month. We have to get school clothes for the kids, school supplies, both have to have $30 sports physicals, and we're already starting the month in a deficit.

So my husband comes home, and I tell him in my own special unique way that I lost my job. First he goes through the things we'll be giving up, then looks at me, smiles softly and says "I know you. It won't take you very long to find another one!"

A little while later, he asked me if I wanted him to get another job. Usually he asks, and I tell him no. He already works a full time job, deserves to have free time, etc. This time though, I said yes. Except, I want him to work something here at home. I'm going to get the home office area ready for him, and set him up with LO or something. He'd really rock it out with LO where as, I suck totally with it!

Anyway, the plan of action. (I've rambled enough, don't you think?) Actually, maybe the PoA should be another post... This one is rambly enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment