Friday, January 24, 2014

Scroll for Marley!

So, no blog for yesterday. I know. You guys are just heartbroken about it, I'm sure. But, I got a bit busy and just didn't have time for it until I was too exhausted to think clearly anyway.

We have a bit of a winter storm going on over here. Yesterday, I sent our on-site editors home early because of the high winds and wet roads. Within a couple of hours of me sending them home, the vehicle collisions started to occur. Over 250 accidents have occurred so far, and many of these had multiple vehicles. It's a scary thing.

I told my husband and kid last night that it didn't matter what work and school said, neither of them were leaving the house at all until I said it was okay. Sorry, but when it comes to their safety, I'm the authority in this house.

I found it a bit odd, though. Parents were going nuts last night because the school system hadn't delayed school at that point or called it off. That's something that I don't understand. Ultimately, it isn't up to the school district to decide if it's safe enough for your kid to get to class in one piece. That's the responsibility of the parents. If parents know that the roads are hazardous, then they should keep the kid home. Period. Parents are the ultimate authority on what is or is not in the best interests of their offspring.

I did get a bit of a late start this morning. Okay, that's an understatement. I went to bed late last night and got up early. Honestly, I just sat back and enjoyed the quiet of the morning. I did some research on bitcoins, which I'll look into a bit further. (I really should have gotten in on that one a couple of years ago when I had the chance.) Around 9:30, I got up to make some food and realized that Honey and Pie were home. I would up making a huge meal of it and only just sat down a short while ago. (11:30 a.m.) So yeah, delayed start just a bit.

I hope that everyone is safe and warm. Almost everyone. Those in Florida should be safe, but freezing their little butts off. After all, it's only fair!

Enjoy the day!


1 comment:

  1. No. Send that weather my way. I want freezing cold and snow because I live with two personal space heaters who are annoyingly clingy.

    ReplyDelete