Sunday, February 2, 2014

It's the small stuff

This has been a wonderfully fantastic weekend. We didn't get a single one of our weekend chores done, though. Seriously. The house is a wreck. I'm lucky that our editor trainees can't see the house through Skype! I'll probably be cleaning up while going over the training materials at the same time. Am I allowed to do that? Eh. As long as they don't know, I guess!

I have to be honest. While every moment of this past weekend was something to be truly grateful for, the absolute best part was goofing around and playing with my husband this morning. We woke up and it was oh so cold. We laughed, talked and tickled around for a good while. It was the best way to start the day. Then we got up and discovered that I had turned the AC on, instead of the heater. Oooops!

It's always good to strive for more, to want more from life. That's what keeps us moving and growing towards better things. At the same time though, it's more important that we truly appreciate the smaller things, too. It's all of those smaller pieces of our life that make up the big picture.

We can't afford Farmer's Market every weekend, but, we don't go hungry. My dogs aren't purebreds, but they are the best dogs I've ever had. Same for the cats and guinea pigs. I don't have a brand new just built to my specifications house but the house I have is already perfect for my family. As an added bonus, we can afford it!

I don't have a crowd of people agreeing with everything I say or do but what I do have are true friends, real friends that are still there at the end of the day even if I screw up.

And when I lay my head down at night, I have a husband beside me that may drive me nuts but loves me more than life itself. I have two fantastic children who have grown to be gifts to society instead of burdens.

When I stop and take a moment to just feel the atmosphere around me, I know one very important thing. I'm at peace and content. So yeah, always strive for bigger an better but never forget, it's the little things that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment