Saturday, May 10, 2014

Checking in

I know. It's been a few weeks since we've last published but a lot has happened since then. It's kept me a bit on my toes.

A new friend moved in with us a few weeks ago. She's around my son's age. (No, they aren't sharing a bedroom!) And she's already become one of "my kids." I love having Alexis around. She's like this big, bright bundle of energy. Pie loves having a "big sister" to share her room with and is really thriving. Bear is... well, he's being male. He'll learn, though.

A few days after Lexi moved in, her and Bear were in a serious accident. An entire herd of horses were in the middle of the unlit road on a night with no moon. Dark colored horses vs. pretty red fiat = dead horses and injured kids. It really could have been a lot worse. Bear just had a bruised bone. Lexi may need re-constructive surgery. She had four fractures to her face and was in pain for several days. Between taking care of the kids and meeting with lawyers, I was a bit busy for a short while there.

Life is starting to settle down a small bit now. It's just been work stuff on top of other work stuff lately. I haven't been able to go to the dairy or the market for a while now but that's okay. I've got a third kid so that's even better.

Oh! And I also got some baby chickens, too. These things started out so cute. Now, they're at the so ugly they're cute stage. Here in a few weeks, we'll be putting fencing and chicken wire on the stable, and an actual door. That will be their chicken coop. Once they get a bit bigger, they can run around freely in the back yard.

I just hope that they don't go too far. We just have regular cattle fencing around the field so a full grown chicken can easily get through it. It will be some time before I have enough money to re-fence the entire field. We'll be doing that a little at a time.

I told you that there wasn't much to update on yet. That's okay though because that means we are living a nice and quiet life. Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment