Monday, June 27, 2016

Hello... Again!!!!

Well, it's been a short minute since I've last written and a lot has happened in the past year and a half. I've gone through a lot of transitions! I am renewing my vow to post daily, or to try to post daily at least.

It's been so long, and so much has happened, that I simply don't know where to start! First, I am no longer a married mother of two. I am now a married mother of five! We have been blessed by the addition of three young souls to our family. Two boys, and one girl. This is a huge transition for us.

Every morning I wake up and just listen to the sounds in the house. The boys are always up before any of us and they hit the ground running! Can't stay in bed too long because then they'll start fighting as brothers often do. By the time bedtime happens, I'm exhausted and frequently pulling my hair out in frustration, and wondering what we have done, and if we really can handle it. One or both of my girls will cuddle me for a few minutes, recharging my heart for the brief time that I'll stay awake.

My girls head off to their rooms for the evening and the quiet of the night hugs me tightly. My mind races with thoughts of the day, and of our future. Then, the fear of losing these kids grips me tightly. We're adopting these kids from the foster care system, which is extremely unstable for children. We know that nothing is done until we have the new birth certificates in hand and this strikes the biggest fear into my soul.

For all of their success and challenges, for every smile and tantrum, for every good moment and every negative one, these kids are mine. Every single day brings a new success for them. Every tantrum that they have builds trust and confidence in their stability. I'm often exhausted every afternoon and wishing Husband would get home faster, because the emotional connections have been firing all day long.

I am so happy that they are here. I never thought my family could feel more complete than it did before their arrival. I was wrong. They are my children and my heart would be empty without them.

I'll post pictures once the adoptions are final.

No comments:

Post a Comment