Sunday, February 15, 2015

Getting back on track

I'm headed back up to the gym after being out for two weeks. The first week that I was out was due to illness. That second week though, that was all lack of motivation. It's hard to get up and get going again once you've dropped a positive habit for so long. This is just one reason why, for me, I need to go every single day.

It also isn't just a fitness thing for me, either. It's part of how I manage my emotional fitness as well. I live with depression, social anxiety and a number of other tiny diagnoses all of which I manage through diet and exercise. Well, when I don't go to the gym, my diet tends to go down the tube, too. It's still well in control but it isn't as good as it should be.

In addition to managing emotional and physical fitness, it's also part of my goals and part of my business. I want to be a positive reflection of what Plexus can do. And as we all know, all the supplements in the world cannot overcome lack of activity and poor habits. Dietary supplements can't do all the work, and we really shouldn't expect them to. They just get us over the hump, so to speak. The supplements make it easier to stay on track and meet our weight loss goals.

As you all are aware, I'm also going to be pursuing my personal trainer certification. I have one goal that I have to reach before I will allow myself to do that. I need to reach a BMI of 18 or less. Right now, I'm at 27 which isn't bad. This is average. I've been tunneling towards 24.9, which is "physically fit." 18 is considered athletic.

I did learn that one of the things holding me back from losing weight and gaining muscle was not getting enough protein. Sure, I eat enough protein each day for regular normal activity, but when you're as active as I was with the gym and weights, it's important to take in a bit extra after each work out, too.

Okay. I should quit stalling and head out. It's always difficult to get restarted, you know? Oh well. Fitness is as fitness does... or something like that!

Enjoy your day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment