Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bring it on!

As I sit here with my cup of hot tea in my hand, I start to consider all of the things to write about. I haven't written in quite a bit of time, and yet, I'm drawing a blank. How is it that my motor mouth can't find a thing to say??? The world has truly flipped upside down!

I'm not missing my cigs nearly as much as I thought I would. Here I was a chain smoker; several packs a day would disappear under my watch! The hardest thing to get over is the habit itself, which is where the E-Cig comes in. I don't think I'm really getting that much nicotene from it because I'm not having the usual nicotene cravings much at all. I don't use it that often, except when I first wake up and when husband is sitting next to me chain smoking like crazy.

I'd love to tell you all of the benefits of quitting smoking. I can only think of one right now. I have a lot more energy! That's a lot more energy to sit at home scouring the work athome classifieds and finding nothing. A lot more energy to drive my children just as insane as they drive me. At least the daily 4 mile walks are easily managed now!

I'm finding that I'm not enjoying my favorite foods as much though. Anything that was just slightly sweet before is now overly sweet. I can't even eat flavored yogurt anymore! Now I get the plain stuff and add my sweetener to it. (Usually fruit or something like that.) I was a soda addict before and now can not stand the taste of ANY soda at all. I miss my carbonated caffeine! I'm also partially responsible for the water shortage in Texas over the past week or so. Two gallons of water each day has left me floating.

Speaking of floating, when you're drinking that much water, it's generally not a good idea to do jumping jacks, go running, go for long walks, or even try to sleep for that matter. Imagine doing jumping jacks. You jump up and feel 2 gallons of liquid jump up in your stomach. The liquid comes down much faster than you do, and much harder. You feel as though there is a tidal wave occurring deep within you, just bursting to get out! I'm scared to even attempt sex. Can you imagine having to stop every 5 frickin' minutes just to go pee??? Yeah, that won't kill the mood! Five minutes? Who am I kidding? Every five seconds!

I know I'm making light of this, and hope it comes across as halfway funny. I think the point, the lesson I'm supposed to get from it, is that all change has side effects. Even positive changes are going to have some short term negative effects from it. Even positive changes will be unpleasant for a while.

So, I'll find new foods to go gaga over. When I make cakes at home, I'll make two. One with icing and one without. I'll find new things to drink and my body will stabilize eventually with the whole water thing. When you go many years without drinking the stuff, it takes the body a while to get used to it again. In the end though, I will be healthier, and happier. That truly is all that matters.

Bring on the change! I can handle the short term negative effects!

No comments:

Post a Comment